Eggleton, a township in Bishops-Frome parish, Herefordshire, near the river Frome, 9 miles ENE of Hereford. Acreage, 738; population, 124. For ecclesiastical purposes it forms part of Stretton Grandison parish.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Eggleton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Egleton)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Herefordshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Herefordshire newspapers online: