Brampton Abbots, Herefordshire
Brampton-Abbots, a village and a parish in Herefordshire, on the river Wye, 1½ mile N of Ross, under which there is a post office, and at which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage of the civil parish, 1520; population, 221; of the ecclesiastical, 214. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford; gross value, £256 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Hereford. The church is a fine old Norman edifice, restored in 1857.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Brampton-Abbots St. Michael
|Poor Law union
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Brampton Abbots from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Brampton-Abbots (St. Michael))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Herefordshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Herefordshire newspapers online: