UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Bartestree, Herefordshire

Historical Description

Bartestree, a chapelry in Dormington parish, Herefordshire, on the Worcester and Hereford road, 1 mile SK of Withington station on the G.W.R., and 4 miles E of Hereford. It lias a post and telegraph office under Hereford. Acreage, 421; population, 245. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Donnington, in the diocese of Hereford. The church was rebuilt in 1888 at a cost of £2000. There is a Roman Catholic convent and refuge, founded in 1863, and subsequently considerably enlarged. 104

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyHerefordshire 
Civil parishDormington 
HundredGreytree 
Poor Law unionHereford 
Registration districtHereford1837 - 1974

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Bartestree from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Herefordshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Bartestree are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Herefordshire newspapers online:

CountyHerefordshire
RegionWest Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtHR1
Post TownHereford

Advertisement

Advertisement