Whitnash, a village and a parish in Warwickshire. The village is 1 mile SSE of Leamington, and has a post office under Leamington; money order and telegraph office, Leamington. The parish comprises 1239 acres; population, 520. There is a parish council consisting of six members. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £368 with residence. Patron, Lord Leigh. The church is ancient, and contains some ancient monuments and brasses. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Whitnash St. Margaret|
|Poor Law union||Warwick|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Warwickshire County Record Office hold the following registers for Whitnash:
Most of the records prior to 1911 have been digitised and are available on Ancestry.co.uk
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Whitnash from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Whitnash (St. Margaret))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Whitnash are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.