Whitchurch, a parish in Warwickshire, 4½ miles SSE of Stratford-upon-Avon. Post town, Stratford-upon-Avon. It includes the hamlets of Bruton, Crimscote, and Wimpstone, and comprises 1987 acres; population, 194. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £245 with residence. The church is ancient, and was partially restored in 1890.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Whitchurch St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Stratford-upon-Avon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Warwickshire County Record Office hold the following registers for Whitchurch:
Most of the records prior to 1911 have been digitised and are available on Ancestry.co.uk
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Whitchurch from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Whitchurch (St. Mary))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.