Weston under Wetherley, Warwickshire
Weston-under-Wetherley, a village and a parish in Warwickshire, 4 miles NE of Leamington. Post town, Leamington. Acreage, 1361; population, 250. The manor belongs to Lord Clifford. The Warwickshire Reformatory for Boys is here, and was built in 1856. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £54 with residence. Patron, Lord Clifford. The church is Early English, and was restored in 1867. It contains a monument of 1573 to Sir Edward Saunders.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Weston-Under-Weatherly St. Michael|
|Poor Law union||Warwick|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Warwickshire County Record Office hold the following registers for Weston under Wetherley:
Most of the records prior to 1911 have been digitised and are available on Ancestry.co.uk
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Weston under Wetherley from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Weston-Under-Weatherly (St. Michael))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Weston under Wetherley are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.