Ryton on Dunsmore, Warwickshire
Ryton-on-Dunsmore, a village and a parish in Warwickshire, on the river Avon, 2 miles SW of Brandon and Wolston station on the L. & N.W.R., and 5 SE of Coventry. There is a post office under Coventry; money order and telegraph office, Wolston. Acreage, 2275; population, 460. There is a parish council consisting of five members. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; gross value, £300 with residence. The church is Norman and Early English, contains a brass of a former curate, and was given as a prebend by the Prior of Coventry to Lichfield Cathedral.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Ryton-upon-Dunsmoor St. Leonard|
|Poor Law union||Rugby|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Warwickshire County Record Office hold the following registers for Ryton on Dunsmore:
Most of the records prior to 1911 have been digitised and are available on Ancestry.co.uk
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ryton on Dunsmore from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Ryton-upon-Dunsmoor (St. Leonard))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.