Radbourne, formerly extra-parochial, now a parish in Warwickshire, near the Oxford Canal, 2¼ miles SE of Southana Road and Harbury station on the G.W.R., and 3¼ SSE of Southam. Post town, Leamington; money order office, Priors Marston; telegraph office, Southam. It includes Upper and Lower Radbourne. Acreage, 647 and 526; population 17 and 14. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £27. The ancient chapel became a ruin in the reign of Henry VIII., and the inhabitants attend Ladbroke church.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Southam|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Radbourne from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Radbourn, Upper and Lower)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.