Little Packington, Warwickshire
Packington, Little, a parish in Warwickshire, adjacent to Great Packington, 2 miles NNE of Hampton Junction station on the M.R. and L. & N.W.R., and 3½ NW by W of Meriden. Post town, Merideu, under Coventry. Acreage, 1095; population, 103. The manor belongs to the Earl of Aylesford. The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Great Packington, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is ancient, and was partially restored in 1879.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Little Packington St. Bartholomew|
|Poor Law union||Meriden|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Warwickshire County Record Office hold the following registers for Little Packington:
Most of the records prior to 1911 have been digitised and are available on Ancestry.co.uk
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Packington from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Packington, Little (St. Bartholomew))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Little Packington are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.