Fulbrook, a hamlet in Hampton Lucy parish, Warwickshire, 4 miles NNE of Stratford-on-Avon, and 4 SW of Warwick. The manor belonged to the Duke of Bedford, third son of Henry IV.; passed to the Comptons; belonged in the time of Mary, and till the beginning of the 18th century, to the Lucys, and passed to the Fullertons. A castle of brick and stone was built on it by the Duke of Bedford, and becoming ruinous in the time of Henry VIII., was then taken down by Sir William Compton. This place was formerly a parish, but the church disappeared in the 16th century.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Stratford-upon-Avon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Fulbrook from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.