Frankton, a village and a parish in Warwickshire, near the Fosse Way and the river Learn, about a mile N of Birdingbury station on the Rugby, Leamington, and Warwick branch of the L. & N.W.R., and 6 miles SW of Rugby. Post town, Rugby; money order office, Stretton-on-Dunsmore; telegraph office, Dunchurch. Acreage, 1705; population, 238. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £123 with residence. The church is ancient, and was restored in 1872.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Frankton St. Nicholas|
|Poor Law union||Rugby|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Warwickshire County Record Office hold the following registers for Frankton:
Most of the records prior to 1911 have been digitised and are available on Ancestry.co.uk
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Frankton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Frankton (St. Nicholas))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Frankton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.