Bishops Tachbrook or Tachbrook, Warwickshire
Bishops-Tachbrook or Tachbrook, a village and a parish in Warwickshire, on an affluent of the river Avon, near the Fosse Way, 2½ miles SW of Leamington, and 3½ SE of Warwick. The parish includes the hamlets of Tachbrook-Mallory and the Asps. It has a post office under Leamington Spa, which is the money order and telegraph office. Acreage, 3765; population, 584. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £227 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church shows Norman traces, and contains some fine monuments of the Wagstaffe family; the chancel was rebuilt in 1855.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Bishop's Tachbrook St. Chad|
|Poor Law union||Warwick|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Warwickshire County Record Office hold the following registers for Bishops Tachbrook:
Most of the records prior to 1911 have been digitised and are available on Ancestry.co.uk
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bishops Tachbrook or Tachbrook from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Tachbrook, Bishop's (St. Chad))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.