UK Genealogy Archives logo

Barston, Warwickshire

Historical Description

Barston, a village and a parish in Warwickshire, 2½ miles S of Hampton-in-Arden station on the L. & N.W.R., 4 E of Solihull, and 7 NW of Kenilworth, with a post office under Birmingham; money order and telegraph office, Hampton-in-Arden. Acreage, 1968; population, 345. It is a chapelry, annexed to the rectory of Berkeswell, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is a small red-brick edifice.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyWarwickshire 
Ecclesiastical parishBarston St. Swithin 
HundredHemlingford 
Poor Law unionSolihull 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Church Records

The Warwickshire County Record Office hold the following registers for Barston:

BaptismsMarriagesBurials
1598-18871598-19461598-1964

Most of the records prior to 1911 have been digitised and are available on Ancestry.co.uk


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Barston from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Barston are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictSolihull
CountySolihull
RegionWest Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtB92
Post TownSolihull