Baddesley Ensor, Warwickshire
Baddesley-Ensor, a village and a parish in Warwickshire, 3 miles WNW of Atherstone, and has a post office under Atherstone, the telegraph office. Acreage, 1155; population, 977. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £140 with residence. Patrons, the inhabitants. The church is modern, the old church having been pulled down in 1848. There are chapels for Congrcgationalists and Wesleyans.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Baddesley-Ensor St. Michael|
|Poor Law union||Atherstone|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
The Warwickshire County Record Office hold the following registers for Baddesley Ensor:
Most of the records prior to 1911 have been digitised and are available on Ancestry.co.uk
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Baddesley Ensor from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Baddesley-Ensor (St. Michael))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Warwickshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Baddesley Ensor are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Warwickshire papers online:
The Visitation of Warwickshire 1619 is available on the Heraldry page.