Wythall or Wythewood, Worcestershire
Wythall or Wythewood, an ecclesiastical parish formed out of Kings Norton and Alvechurch parishes, Worcestershire, and Solihull parish,. Warwickshire, 3½ miles SSE of King's Norton. It was constituted in 1853, and has a post and money order office under Redditch; telegraph office, Alvechurch. Population, 1100. Weatheroak Hall is the chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; gross value, £300 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Kings Norton. The church was rebuilt in 1862. There are Baptist and Unitarian chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||King's Norton|
|Poor Law union||Kings-Norton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wythall or Wythewood from the following:
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.