Wyre Piddle, Worcestershire
Wyre Piddle, a village and a chapelry in Fladbury parish, Worcestershire, on the river Avon, 1½ mile NE of Pershore, with a post office under Pershore; money order and telegraph office, Pershore. Acreage, 381; population, 235. The living is annexed to Fladbury. The church, restored in 1845, is Norman, and the chancel arch is considered to be Saxon. The church contains some ancient tiles and some remains of old stained glass. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Pershore|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wyre Piddle from the following:
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Wyre Piddle are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.