Wychbold, a village and an ecclesiastical parish in Dodderhill parish, Worcestershire, on the river Salwarpe, 2½ miles NNE of Droitwich. The village has a post office under Droitwich; money order and telegraph office, Droitwich. The parish was constituted in 1888. Population, 1219. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £150. The church was erected in 1888. There is a Congregational chapel.
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Wychbold are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.