Wickhamford, a village and a parish in Worcestershire, 2½ miles SE of Evesham. Post town, Evesham. Acreage, 1266; population, 137. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £50. Patron, Christ Church, Oxford. The church is ancient, was restored in 1841, and contains altar-tombs of the Sandys family.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Wickhamford St. John the Baptist|
|Poor Law union||Evesham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wickhamford from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Wickhamford (St. John the Baptist))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Wickhamford are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.