White Ladies Aston or Aston Episcopi, Worcestershire
White Ladies Aston or Aston Episcopi, a village and a parish in Worcestershire. The village stands 5 miles NW of Pershore, and 5 E of Worcester. Post town, Worcester; telegraph office, Spetchley goods station. The parish comprises 1236 acres; population, 275. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £161 with residence. The church was originally Norman, and was restored and partly rebuilt in 1861.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||White Ladies Aston St. John The Baptist|
|Poor Law union||Pershore|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for White Ladies Aston or Aston Episcopi from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Aston, White Ladies (St. John The Baptist))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.