UK Genealogy Archives logo

Warndon, Worcestershire

Historical Description

Warndon, a village and a parish in Worcestershire, 2¼miles NE of Worcester. Post town, Worcester. Acreage, 827; population, 154. The living is a rectory, united with that of Spetchley, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is ancient, and was repaired in 1865.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyWorcestershire 
Ecclesiastical parishWarndon St. Nicholas 
HundredOswaldslow 
Poor Law unionDroitwich 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Warndon from the following:


Land and Property

The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.


Maps

Online maps of Warndon are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictWorcester
CountyWorcestershire
RegionWest Midlands
CountryEngland
Postal districtWR4
Post TownWorcester