Upton Warren, Worcestershire
Upton Warren, a village and a parish in Worcestershire, on the Upton brook, 1¼ mile W of Stoke Works station on the M.R., 3 miles S of Bromsgrove, and 3½ NNE of Droitwich. Post town, Bromsgrove. Acreage, 2520; population of the civil parish, 293; of the ecclesiastical, 312. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. The manor belongs to the Earl of Shrewsbury and Talbot. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; gross value, £546 with residence. Patron, the Earl of Shrewsbury and Talbot. The church consists of chancel, rebuilt in 1724, nave, rebuilt in 1798, and an Early English tower.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Upton-Warren St. Michael|
|Poor Law union||Droitwich|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Upton Warren from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Upton-Warren (St. Michael))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Upton Warren are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.