Tidmington, a parish in Worcestershire, on the river Stour, at the boundary with Warwickshire, 1½ mile S of Shipston-on-Stour, and 5½ miles NE of Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Post town, Shipston-on-Stour. Acreage, 774; population, 62. The living is a chapelry of the rectory of Shipston-on-Stour. The church is a fine Norman edifice, and was restored in 1875.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Shipston-upon-Stour|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Tidmington from the following:
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.