Tibberton, a village and a parish, in Worcestershire, 4 miles ENE of Worcester, and 4 S of Droitwich. There is a post office under Droitwich; money order and telegraph office, Droitwich. Acreage, 1271; population of the civil parish, 312; of the ecclesiastical, with Bredicot, 359. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Bredicot, in the diocese of Worcester; joint gross value, £260 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church, was rebuilt in 1868.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Tibberton St. Nicholas|
|Poor Law union||Newport|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Tibberton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Tibberton (St. Nicholas))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Tibberton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.