Teddington, a village and a parish in Worcestershire, 2½ miles E of Ashchurch station on the M.R., and 5 E of Tewkesbury. Post town, Tewkesbury. Acreage, 747; population, 99. The benefice is annexed to Overbury. The church is chiefly Norman and Early English, with a tower of later date, A short distance from the village, at the junction of five roads, is Teddington Cross, an ancient direction-post, chiefly of stone, with seven wooden arms pointing to seven towns or villages.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Tewkesbury|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Teddington from the following:
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.