Stoulton, a parish in Worcestershire, 2 miles NE of Wadborough station on the M.R., 2 SE of Norton Junction station on the G.W.R., 4 NW of Pershore, and 5 SE of Worcester. It has a post office under Worcester; money order office, Kempsey; telegraph office, Whittington. Acreage, 1959; population of the civil parish, 318; of the ecclesiastical, 324. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. Wolverton Hall is the chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £233 with residence. The church is Early Norman and Decorated, and was repaired in 1848, when some changes and additions were made.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Stoulton St. Edmund|
|Poor Law union||Pershore|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stoulton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Stoulton (St. Edmund))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Stoulton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
Villages, Hamlets, &cWolverton
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.