Stockton or Stockton on Teme, Worcestershire
Stockton or Stockton-on-Teme, a parish in Worcestershire, 4½ miles SE of Newnham Bridge station on the Tenbury and Bewdley branch of the G.W.R., and 8 S by W of Bewdley. It has a post office under Tenbury; money order and telegraph office, Stanford Bridge. Acreage, 799; population, 121. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford; net value, £159 with residence. The church is Norman, and contains a brass of 1508.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Stockton St. Andrew|
|Poor Law union||Martley|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stockton or Stockton on Teme from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Stockton (St. Andrew))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.