South Littleton, Worcestershire
Littleton, South, a village and a parish in Worcestershire, half a mile N of Littleton and Badsey station on the G.W.R., and 3 miles NE by N of Evesham. There is a post and telegraph office under Evesham; money order office, Badsey. Acreage, 813; population, 310. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of North Littleton, in the diocese of Worcester; gross value, £266 with residence. Patrons, Christ Church, Oxford. The church ranges from Norman downwards, and was restored in 1883.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||South Littleton St. Mary and St. Nicholas|
|Poor Law union||Evesham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for South Littleton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Littleton, South (St. Mary and St. Nicholas))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of South Littleton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.