Sedgeberrow, a village and a parish in Worcestershire, on the river Isborne, 1½ mile NE of Ashton-under-Hill station on the Evesham and Ashchurch branch of the M.R., and 3½ miles S by W of Evesham. Post town, Evesham; telegraph office, Ashton-under-Hill. Acreage, 1020; population, 281. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; gross value, £140 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church, of the 14th century, with an octagonal tower and spire, was restored in 1868.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Evesham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Sedgeberrow from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Sedgeberrow)
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Sedgeberrow are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.