Rushock, a parish in Worcestershire, 2¼ miles ESE of Hartlebury station on the G.W.R., 5 N of Droitwich, and 5 SE of Kidderminster. It has a post office under Droitwich; money order and telegraph office, Chaddesley Corbett. Acreage, 1257; population, 165. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £168. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church, erected in 1758, was restored in 1872.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Rushock St. Michael|
|Poor Law union||Kidderminster|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Rushock from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Rushock (St. Michael))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Rushock are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.