Romsley, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Halesowen parish, Worcestershire, 3 miles S of Halesowen, with a post office under Birmingham; money order and telegraph office, Halesowen. Acreage of township, 1806; population, 374. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1863. Population, 441. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £100 with residence. The church is ancient. There are two Primitive Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Bromsgrove|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Romsley from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Romsley)
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Romsley are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.