Queenhill, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Ripple parish, Worcestershire. The township lies adjacent to the river Severn, 2½ miles SSE of Upton-on-Severn station on the M.R,, and 5 NW of Tewkesbury. Acreage, 688; population, 90. The ecclesiastical parish includes also the hamlet of Holdfast, and was constituted in 1880. Population, 170. Post town, Upton-on-Severn. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £335. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church is Norman and Early English, and was restored in 1892. It contains an ancient brass and some monuments.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Upton-upon-Severn|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Queenhill from the following:
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Queenhill are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.