Pinvin, a township and a chapelry in Pershore St Andrew parish, Worcestershire, 1¼ mile N by W of Pershore. Post town, Pershore. Acreage of township, 1073; population, 417. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the vicarage of St Andrew Pershore, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is Early Norman, and was restored in 1884. It contains some curious frescoes on the walls.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Pershore|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Pinvin from the following:
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Pinvin are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.