Pensax, a civil and an ecclesiastical parish in Lindridge parish, Worcestershire, 6 miles SE of Cleobury Mortimer, and 7 SW of Bewdley. Post town, Tenbury; money order and telegraph office. Great Witley. The civil parish comprises 1197 acres; population, 440. There is a parish council of seven members. The ecclesiastical parish was. constituted in 1844. Population, 547. Pensax Court and Penn Hall (formerly " Court of Penhull") are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford; net value, £287 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Lindridge. The church was erected in 1832, and enlarged and improved in 1891. There is a mission church at Menith Wood.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Martley|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Pensax from the following:
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Pensax are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.