Pendock, a village and a parish in Worcestershire, adjacent to Gloucestershire, 6 miles WNW of Tewkesbury. Post town, Tewkesbury. Acreage, 1145; population, 221. The manor belonged to Malvern Abbey. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £236 with residence. The church is Early Norman, with a 14th-century tower; it contains a Saxon font and piscina. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Tewkesbury|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Pendock from the following:
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Pendock are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.