Pedmore, a village and a parish in Worcestershire, under Clent Hills, 1½ mile SSE of Stourbridge. There is a post office under Stourbridge; money order and telegraph office, Hagley. Acreage, 1510; population, 476. The manor belongs to Old Swinford Hospital. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £360 with residence. Patrons, the feoffees of Old Swinford Hospital The church is Norman, and with the exception of the tower was almost entirely rebuilt in 1871.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Pedmore St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||Bromsgrove|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Pedmore from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Pedmore (St. Peter))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Pedmore are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.