Oldberrow, a village and a parish in Worcestershire, almost surrounded by Warwickshire, 2 miles W of Henley-in-Arden station on the G.W.R., and 4 ENE of Studley station on the M.R. Post town, Henley-in-Arden, under Birmingham. Acreage, 1236; population, 73. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; commuted tithe rent charge, £206 with residence. The church was rebuilt in 1875, in the Early English style.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Oldberrow St. Mary|
|Poor Law union||Alcester|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Oldberrow from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Oldberrow (St. Mary))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.