North Littleton, Worcestershire
Littleton, North, a village and a parish in Worcestershire. The village stands near the river Avon, on the E verge of the county, 1 mile N of Littleton and Badsey station on the G.W.R., and 4 miles NE by N of Evesham. Post town and telegraph office, South Littleton, under Evesham; money order office, Badsey. The parish contains also the village of Middle Littleton. Acreage, 1706; population, 300. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of South Littleton, in the diocese of Worcester. The church stands at Middle Littleton; ranges from Norman to Perpendicular; is cruciform, and was restored in 1871. It contains a Norman font and some ancient encaustic tiles. The shaft of an ancient cross is in the churchyard, and a large ancient building, once a tithe-barn of Evesham Abbey, is near the church. It was built by Abbot Ombresby.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||North Littleton St. Nicholas|
|Poor Law union||Evesham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for North Littleton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Littleton, North (St. Nicholas))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of North Littleton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.