Naunton Beauchamp, Worcestershire
Naunton Beauchamp, a parish in Worcestershire, on a branch of the river Avon, 3 miles N by E of Perehore station on the G.W.R., and 4½ N of Pershore. Post town, Pershore. Acreage, 1030; population, 130. Naunton Court, formerly the residence of the Lyttelton family, is an ancient mansion. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; gross value, £124 with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The tower of the church, built probably about 1450, is the only part of the old building now remaining. The other portion of the edifice was rebuilt in 1767.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Naunton-Beauchamp St. Bartholomew|
|Poor Law union||Pershore|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Naunton Beauchamp from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Naunton-Beauchamp (St. Bartholomew))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Naunton Beauchamp are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.