Martin Hussingtree, Worcestershire
Martin Hussingtree, a small village and a parish in Worcestershire, 1 mile NE of Fernhill Heath station on the G.W.R., and 2½ miles SSW of Droitwich. Post town, Worcester; money order and telegraph office, Fernhill Heath. Acreage of parish, 922; population, 151. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £157 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church is chiefly Perpendicular English, and was restored and enlarged in 1882.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Martin-Hussingtree St. Nicholas|
|Poor Law union||Droitwich|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Martin Hussingtree from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Martin-Hussingtree (St. Nicholas))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Martin Hussingtree are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.