Lulsley, a township-chapelry in Sackley parish, Worcestershire, on the river Teme, at the boundary with Herefordshire, half a mile NE of Knightwick station on the Worcester and Bromyard branch of the G.W.R., 3 miles NNE of Suckley village, and 8 W of Worcester. Post town, Worcester; money order office, Knightsford Bridge; telegraph office, Suckley railway station. Acreage, 839; population, 156. The living is a chapelry, annexed to the rectory of Snckley, in the diocese of Worcester.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Martley|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Lulsley from the following:
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Lulsley are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.