Lower Mitton, Worcestershire
Mitton, Lower, a township in Kidderminster parish, Worcestershire, and an ecclesiastical parish partly also in. Hartlebury parish. The township includes the town of Stourport, and comprises 981 acres; population, 3504. The ecclesiastical parish includes Upper Mitton and Wilden. Population, 5768. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £340 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Kidderminster. The church is a plain brick structure. A new church was erected in 1895, and there is a church at Wilden. There are Wesleyan, Congregational, and Primitive Methodist chapels. See STOURPORT.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Kidderminster|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Lower Mitton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Mitton, Lower)
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.