Lindridge, a village and a parish in Worcestershire. The village stands on the river Teme, 2½ miles E from Newnham Bridge station on the Tenbury and Bewdley branch of the G.W.R., and near the boundary with Salop, 5½ E by N of Tenbury. The parish contains also the hamlets of Eardiston and Broombank, and the ecclesiastical parishes of Knighton-upon-Teme and Pensax. Eardiston has a post office under Tenbury; money order office, Stanford Bridge; telegraph office, Newnham Bridge. The parish comprises 2496 acres; population of the civil parish, 691; of the ecclesiastical, 584. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford; gross value, £615 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church was rebuilt on the site of the previous one, and on a larger scale, in 1861, and is in the Early Decorated style, of local stone, lined internally with Bath stone. There is a Wesleyan chapel at Frith Common.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Lindridge All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Tenbury|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Lindridge from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Lindridge (All Saints))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Lindridge are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.