Harvington, a village and a parish in Worcestershire. The village stands on the borders of Warwickshire, half a mile W of the river Avon, and 3½ miles N by W of Evesham, and has a station on the Birmingham, Evesham, and Ashchurch section of the M.R., and a post and money order office under Evesham; telegraph office, at the railway station. The parish comprises 1310 acres; population, 524. H.R.H. The Duc d'Aumale is lord of the manor. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £294 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church is Early English, with a Norman tower, and has been restored.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Harvington St. James|
|Poor Law union||Evesham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Harvington from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Harvington (St. James))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.