Hanley Child, Worcestershire
Hanley Child or Lower Hanley, a township and a chapelry in Eastham parish, Worcestershire, on the river Teme, near the boundary with Herefordshire, 4 miles SE by S of Tenbury. Post town, Tenbury. Acreage, 1191; population, 175. The church, which is a chapel of ease to Eastham, was built in 1815 and restored in 1872.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Tenbury|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hanley Child from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Hanley-Child)
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Hanley Child are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.