Hadsor, a parish in Worcestershire, on the Salt Way and the Birmingham and Worcester Canal, 1½ mile SE of Droit-wich. Post town, Droitwich. Acreage, 996; population of the civil parish, 138; of the ecclesiastical, 290. Hadsor House, the seat of the Galtons, is a modern Italian mansion, containing a valuable collection of paintings and sculptures. The living is a rectory, with that of Oddingley attached, in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £246. The church is Decorated, and was restored in 1835, and contains some 14th-century stained glass. There is a Roman Catholic chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Hadsor St. John the Baptist|
|Poor Law union||Droitwich|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hadsor from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Hadsor (St. John the Baptist))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.