Grafton Manor, Worcestershire
Grafton Manor, formerly extra-parochial, now a parish in Worcestershire, 2 miles SW of Bromsgrove. Acreage, 1517; population, 56. The manor belongs to the Earl of Shrewsbury and Talbot. The manor house is an ancient building, nearly destroyed by fire in 1710, and has since been rebuilt and enlarged. The manor was anciently a chapelry in the parish of Bromsgrove.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Grafton Manor from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Grafton-Manor)
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.