Grafton Flyford, Worcestershire
Grafton Flyford or Grafton-super-Flyford (so called because at the base of the hill on which the church stands there runs the "Fly" stream, formerly crossed at the ford, in lieu of which there is now a bridge), a village and a parish in Worcestershire, 8 miles E by N of Worcester, and 8 N by E of Pershore, with a post office under Worcester; money order office, Inkberrow; telegraph office, Spetchley goods railway station. The parish includes the hamlet of Libbery. Acreage, 1680; population, 196. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester, endowed with 270 acres of glebe and a rectory house. Patron, the Earl of Coventry. The church was rebuilt in 1874, but the ancient tower remains; the chancel contains sedilia.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Pershore|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Grafton Flyford from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Flyford-Grafton)
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Grafton Flyford are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
Villages, Hamlets, &cLibbery
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.