Doddenham, a parish in Worcestershire, on the river Teme, adjacent to Herefordshire, 1 mile NE of Knightwick station on the Worcester and Bromyard branch of the G.W.R., and 8 W of Worcester. There is a post and money order office at Knightsford Bridge under Worcester; telegraph office, Suckley railway station. Acreage, 912; population, 223. Knightsford Bridge, of two arches, crosses the Teme here. The living is a chapelry, annexed to the rectory of Knightwick, in the diocese of Worcester. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church, situated at Knightsford Bridge, was erected in 1855.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Doddenham St. Andrew|
|Poor Law union||Martley|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Doddenham from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Doddenham (St. Andrew))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Doddenham are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.