Cofton Hackett, Worcestershire
Cofton-Hackett, Coston-Hackett, or Corston-Hackett, a parish in Worcestershire, adjacent to the Worcester and Birmingham Canal, 1½ mile N of Barnt Green station on the M.R., and 4½ miles NE by N of Bromsgrovc. Post towns, Alvechurch, Bromsgrove, and Northfield; money order office, Barnt Green, Rednal; telegraph office, Barnt Green railway station. Acreage, 1299; population, 188. Groveley Hall is the chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester; net value, £268 with residence. The church is an ancient one, and was restored in 1860.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Coston-Hacket St. Michael|
|Poor Law union||Bromsgrove|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Cofton Hackett from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Coston-Hacket, or Cofton (St. Michael))
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Cofton Hackett are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.