Church Lench, Worcestershire
Church-Lench, a village and a parish in Worcestershire. The village stands on the verge of the county, 3 miles NW of Harvington station on the M.R., 4 NNE of Fladbury station on the G.W.R., and 5 NNW of Evesham. It has a post office under Evesham; money order and telegraph office, Harvington. The parish includes also the hamlets of Atch-Lench, Sheriffs-Lench, and Abbots-Lench. Acreage, 2572; population of the civil parish, 405; of the ecclesiastical, 424. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester; net value, t£273 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church is ancient, and was restored in 1889.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Evesham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Church Lench from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Lench, Church)
Land and Property
The full transcript of the Worcestershire section of the Return of Owners of Land, 1873.
Online maps of Church Lench are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Worcestershire papers online:
Villages, Hamlets, &cAtch Lench
The Visitation of Worcestershire 1569 is available on the Heraldry page.